Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oilers VS Flames 3




Tuesday October 26th.

Oilers face the flames again after a sound backyard beating by the Sharks. I`m thinking that the Oilers are going to have a hell of a game. They have lost 4 in a row and cannot be happy about it.

Once again I saw that Renney had juggled the lines a bit, looking for that elusive spark. And once again he couldnt find it. Thing is, I`m not convinced that the forwards are the problem. The defence is an absolute discrace right now. Tambi needs to find a `something for nothing trade`to try and help them out a bit. Vandermeer is horrible, Strudwick showed once again why he cannot be a regular on the team, and with no Peckham, there was no toughness at all out of the ``D``.

I`m at the point where I think a good deal would be to trade Cogliano, Plante and a pick to bring in someone that can help to calm down a game. I know Plante is a guy that the Oilers have invested some time into and they would probably rather wait to bring him up for themselves, but the way I see it there is nothing for Tambi to work with. Sometimes there has to be sacrifices to have some gain. I think Cogliano is a piece that can be moved along safely, there are options to be able to replace him like Omark and it could help both the Oilers and Coggs in the long run.

Either way, I think that something has to be done if the Oilers arent planning on another lottery pick. Then again if they are looking to sink to the bottom they are following the line of logic to a tee.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment