Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oilers VS Sharks

SJS Sharks

 

Its Saturday and it’s GAME NIGHT!!

Tonight the Oilers face the San Jose Sharks for the first meeting this year. This is going to be a very interesting game. Don’t get me wrong, this is probably going to be a good old fashion school yard whooping. The Sharks are going to school the young Oilers on what it really means to be a good team. BUT, there are always things worth watching for. For instance, Taylor Hall looked like the beast was starting to emerge last game and I am curious to see if it carries through to this game. The Oilers have not had many days off this time so I am hoping that the intensity they showed in the last two periods of the last game also carries over. I want to see if Khabibulin can keep the Oilers in it again and make it an interesting game.

 

I am looking for the OIlers to come out fast and hard. I can actually see the Sharks underestimating them and the Oil may get up a goal or two before SJS takes the game over. I’m sure Renney is begging the team to stay out of the box, and now that he is seeing his system start to take shape with the players I am sure he is looking to see if his team can accept the challenge that SJS presents and run with it.

Not much of a story here except that I hope the Oilers at least make a game of it. There is very little reason to believe that the Oilers will win, but if they can make a game of it it will show that they are continuing along the path towards greatness.

 

until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment