Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oilers VS Minny GDB




Thursday October 14th. Edmonton is in Minnesota to take on the Wild. The last meeting between these teams on March 16 2010 ended in yet another disappointment that was just another notch in the year full of disappointment. The game ended 4-2 and as usual the Oil were unable to answer a determined forecheck, they shrunk away from any physicality and mailed in one more game.

My hope for tonight is redemption. I would like to see the Oilers showcase their young talent, but more than that I want to see some solid systems play. I want to see well timed breakouts and a killer instinct. And of course a fight or two to show that they wont be pushed around anymore would be nice. I would expect the systems play should be better than we saw the other night against Florida. They have had 3 days off to practice and I would imagine Renney was not happy with the performance his team choked up last time.

So we shall see if running drills and tweaking the plays will have any effect on how things go. I suspect they will.

Now, last GDB I predicted that Hall was going to have his break out game. I think I jinxed him (and yet he still managed an assist in such a horrible game) and who would have known that the Panthers of all teams was going to take the play to the Oilers as hard as they had? So for tonight I'm not making any predictions. I'm going to sit back and simply see who (if anyone) impresses me. I'm looking forward to it.

until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment