Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oilers VS Flames 2.0





Well the game against the Wild was a disapointment to say the least. More sloppy play and an ineffective special teams was the killer. More than anything I am worried that the lack of confidence is going to show up in this game. Confidence is going to be the driving force both for the wins and for development of the youngsters. The game tonight could be a saving force. They learned early what it was going to take to beat the Flames and if they can use the confidence they earned against them on the 7th to help propel them back into a winning mode.

I expect to see Macintyre back in the lineup tonight, I hate to say it because I really do like the guy but Stortini is really not the nuke they need to open up some room on the ice. If they are going to win tonight they are going to have to match the toughness of Calgary and Big Mac is the best option for them.  

I am still waiting to see two things. The first is for Renney to change up the lines. (yes I will harp on this until I get to see the line jigged so the players are played to their strengths.) and second I would like to see some consistancy. It is my belief that the team will have a hard time growing until they are consistant. Once they have nailed down their style and system, then they can start working on the little things to get better.

Well, lets see how the game goes. Time to head out to the beer store, call/txt/email/smoke signal your buddies and get ready to settle in for another edition of the Battle of Alberta.

until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment